Civic Engagement Week
April 16–22, 2017
Being a Coug is a privilege; being civically engaged is a responsibility; being the change is a commitment. At the CCE, we love being civically engaged Cougs, and during Civic Engagement Week, we want to show you why! Civic Engagement Week is our time to recognize the WSU community’s commitment to making a difference and to provide even more opportunities for to you to stay informed and get involved.
Take part in a service project, attend a class presentation, take part in Earth Day events, and attend the LEAD event featuring the President's Award for Leadership. Most importantly, thank a civically engaged Coug for all the good things he or she has done to make the world a better place.
April 18, 2017 | LEAD Award Ceremony
The Leadership and Engagement Awards of Distinction (LEAD) event is a celebration of WSU student leaders and those who have mentored and supported the efforts of these students as they work towards leadership and social change. This year's event will begin at 5 pm in the CUB Senior Ballroom.
LEAD is the premiere event of Civic Engagement Week.to learn more.
April 17 – 21, 2017 | CUB Table & Prize Wheel
Each weekday, stop by the CCE's table on the CUB first floor to learn how you can get involved and to spin our prize wheel for a chance to win t-shirts, mugs, and more! Times TBD.
April 16 – 22, 2017 | Grand Prize Raffle
From Sunday, April 16 through Saturday, April 22, WSU students can enter the CCE's annual Civic Engagement Week raffle to win a great prize!
How to Enter
- On Twitter, or , post a "service selfie" of yourself on a service project and tag the CCE, OR ,
- On Twitter, post a status/tweet about how you've been civically engaged this semester and tag the CCE. Make sure your post is or your entry won't count! or
- Posts must be public to ensure CCE staff can see your entry. Feel free to change visibility to friends only after the drawing is complete (Tuesday, April 25).
- Posts must tag the CCE (@WSUCCE on Twitter and Instagram, @WSU Center for Civic Engagement - WSU CCE on Facebook) to ensure we can find your entry.
- Grand Prize: Refurbished Bicycle from the Palouse Bicycle Collective!
- Other TBD
CCE Social Media Platforms to Tag
- Only current WSU students (undergraduates and graduates) are eligible for the raffle.
- Current CCE staff are not eligible for the raffle.
- Students can enter up to three times, once on each of the three social media platforms listed above.
- Posts must have different content to count more than once.
- Students can only win one prize per year. If a student's name is drawn more than once, the lower place prize will be redrawn.
- Students from any campus can win, however, if a non-Pullman student wins the grand prize, they must make arrangements to pick up this prize. All other prizes will be mailed to non-Pullman students.
- Winners will be drawn on Monday, April 24 through the social media platform with which they entered.
- Winners who do not make arrangements to pick up their prizes by Wednesday, April 26 will forfeit their prize, and new winners will be drawn.
April 16 – 22, 2017 | CCE-Led Service Projects (Pullman)
The CCE provides free transportation to all CCE-led projects listed below! Sign up at the links below on CougSync to reserve your spot on the project. If a project is full, you can meet at the listed location on the project to see if there will be extra room from no-shows.
Remember, there are a lot of other projects on the Palouse available as well if you can provide your own transportation!to check out Pullman projects, to check out Colfax and Palouse projects, and to check out Moscow projects.
Projects TBD. Check back in spring 2017!
April 16 – 22, 2017 | Global Campus Service Projects
Below, you will find a list of all one-time service projects currently listed on CougSync outside of the Palouse. Projects have been sorted by city to make it easier for Global students to find projects near them. At your project, show off your Cougar pride by taking a picture of your group in your Cougar gear doing service! Send your photo(s) toalong with the names of the people in your photo as well as the date and location of your project! Photos will be featured on the CCE’s and accounts throughout the week.
If you do not see a project near you, don't worry! There are plenty more community organizations listed on CougSync who have projects available; all you need to do is contact the agency of interest. To find other projects and partners, search for your city at, or visit our pages for instructions. If you need assistance, feel free to contact the CCE at or 509-335-7708.
Projects TBD. Check back in spring 2017!